America the Beautiful Quarters capture the breathtaking beauty of America’s natural landscapes that have inspired countless poets, adventurers, and artists. Today, these hallowed sites are protected and are enshrined through the U.S. Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Program.
Now into its seventh year of inspiring designs, the program has finally crossed paths with the National Park Service's 100th birthday. While these beautiful and historically significant national parks, forests and monuments were chronologically due to come up in 2016, they provide a perfect representation of American pride from sea to shining sea. This 2016 America the Beautiful Quarters Uncirculated Set gives you all five quarters from the year, including:
- The majestic Shawnee National Forest in Illinois, with a view of Camel Rock and a soaring red-tailed hawk
- Kentucky's Cumberland Gap National Historic Park, dramatizing a frontiersman at the "First Doorway to the West"
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park in West Virginia, featuring the monumental John Brown's Fort
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, with the forefather of the National Park Service looking out over the Little Missouri River in North Dakota, and
- Fort Moultrie at Fort Sumter National Monument, featuring Sergeant William Jasper as he runs to protect the flag of South Carolina from the British
The 2016 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set features all five designs as struck by the San Francisco mint using polished dies and specially treated 90% pure silver planchets — resulting in a set that features each intricate design in sharp relief with lustrous mirrored backgrounds. Each set is housed in a clear plastic lens along with mint packaging that features beautiful photography of each site.
More about accumulating silver coins.